How to Live The Christian Life in a Sinful World
Jesus encourages all believers to grow in relationship, commitment, and obedience to Him. This is the essence of how to live a Christian life. Our relationship, commitment, and obedience are done out of love, not constraint. John 14:21 says, “Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”
- Seek those things above (Col. 3:1)
- Set affectionson things above (Col. 3:2)
- Mortify all sinful members (Col 3:5-7)
- Put off the old man (Col 3:8-9)
- Put on the new man (Col. 3:10-12)
- Forbear with all men (Col. 3:13)
- Forgive all men (Col. 3:14)
- Put on divine love (Col. 3:15)
- Let peace of God rule your life (Col. 3:15)
- Know te Bible (Col. 3:15 and 2 Tim. 2:15, 2 Tim. 3:16-17)
- Teach and admonish one another in psalms and humns and spiritual songs(Col. 3:16)
- Use the Christian’s power of attorney (Col. 3:17)
How to live a Christian Life: What is the benefit of a Christian who decides to live the christian life and follows Obligations of the Christian Life? A better relationship with the Father, Jesus, and with others, peace of God, blessings of His presence.
Living the Christian life does not mean enjoying a life of ease and never experiencing problems. 1 Peter 5:8 says that there is an enemy who wishes to destroy us: “Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” But we also read that Jesus has overcome the world!