When God is Silent: Dark Night of the Soul
During the Dark Night of the Soul and is Learning How to Trust in God, What is the Will of God, and Knowing the Will of God….
Have you ever felt like the Lord is silent and has abandoned you or feeling lost and can’t find your direction? Are a lot of things going wrong in your life? Do you feel like you are being crushed and pressed hard and loss your sense of peace and joy which relapse into a lower spiritual and mental level? That’s because you are in the Dark Night of the Soul or another way said is the Cloud of the Unknowing. (Acts 17:26-28). Why does this happen?
The Will of God
You probably think you are following God’s plan. In fact a person is running to fast thinking they are accomplishing God’s plan that is opposite of Gods; or their way or vision for the kingdom is better. The Lord has to break the independent spirit in which we hit the end of our leach or take them another direction. WHY? So you won’t become dependent on the flesh and starts the purification of the will so that it may be merged with God’s will.
Every Christian has a God Leash (another way of saying God is in control of our lives). When a person hits the end of the leash, he goes into the Dark Night of the Soul. WHY? He must loose direction in order to come out going a better or clearer direction toward God’s plan. If that person doesn’t loose his direction, he will continually go his own plan thinking He’s going the right direction.
Hear From God
Unfortunately, we are more soulish than spirit. God takes you into darkness to redirect you. About the time you loose your bearings and get reoriented is when you get to pop out again. You don’t pop out instantly going God’s way at first. Each one of us need to be trained to recognize God’s way and so we end up going through seasons of darkness in our life.
When you are first saved, your personal plan is real thick, and that’s the leash of God. Whenever we first exit from the Dark Night of the Soul, you usually go running headlong. You have a long leash that jerks at the end of it. The more you start getting into God’s plan and your leash will get shorter. You will hate the short leash but in reality its God telling you that you’re doing good.
Learning How to Trust in God
Moses had a real short leash and he smote the rock that caused him to not enter into the promise land. You will go into seasons of a real short leash and you think “why are you doing this to me” and He says “I’m doing this to you because you’re really doing good. I want you to keep doing good.” You take one step out and now you are in the Dark Night of the Soul. The shorter the leash the quicker you exit. You realize what He’s trying to do in you. The closer you get to God’s plan the shorter your leash. He wants you to surrender your personal plan.
What is The Will of God
From the time you are saved the Lord takes every Christian on a maturation process to build character and dependence on Him. You will go through different stages through this process listed below:
- You go through survival mentality when in the Dark Night of the Soul becoming dependent on everybody. You feel like you don’t know anything and everybody is going to tell you and you hate it. You get to the point you don’t want to need anybody. You feel like you are hanging on an edge of a cliff barely able to hang on. God intentionally causes you to have a spirit of dependence on everybody.
- Second Stage is the Independent Stage. As you mature you will say “I don’t need anybody; it’s God and me and that’s me on top.” That is the death girgle. You can watch them 5 to 2 years from now and they are dead, and you are still alive. In five years they won’t be in the ministry unless they repent of their rebellion. Unfortunately, some people don’t make it out of survival stage. When you are independent, you can help people but are limited in who you can help. WHY! You will produce people just like you; and nobody can put anything in your life, tells you what to do, and so you keep producing people like yourself. You can bless some people but the blessings are short lived.
- Third Stage, a building or blessing mentality. The only way to enter into a building mentality is when you recognize you can’t do it by yourself and this is the opposite of the survival. You become interdependent on others. You realize you need others help and they need your help. Regardless of your flaws and weaknesses, you each build strength into each other. Instead of reproducing weaknesses, you reproduce your strengths and others reproduce their strengths in you. Have you ever been wrongly Accused! The Lord will allows this because He is dealing with weaknesses in your life. Otherwise, your enemies would be at peace. It might not be what your accusers are saying, but He uses the weakness of others to strengthen your weaknesses. It doesn’t make what they are doing right, but if you didn’t have this weakness, He wouldn’t have to use them. When you stop getting offended by some of their weaknesses, they stop doing what you got offended about. When you have victory in this area, it’s usually because you’ve overcome this weakness. You will always spend time in the Dark Night of the Soul depending on God. It’s coming to a place of knowing you need God’s plan over your and you need others around you. Moses, during one of the battles, had men holding his arms up. He needed their strength.
When you go through the Dark Night of the Soul of being redirected, do an attitude check to more start handling these things inside of you:
- Do I have a personal plan or ambition of building my own ministry and not Gods?
- Do you need to check your heart to see if you are jealous of someone else greater gifting than you?
- Are you getting mad at God and becoming self-defensive when someone ministers or corrects you?
- Does the Lord want to take you another direction to more your calling and His purpose in your life?
Getting mad at God for things not happening the way you think it should?
Getting mad at God for your past and asking Him “why God, why did I have to suffer this?”
During the Dark Night of the Soul you need to trust God in the dark and wait on Him. You will have to ride on sheer blind faith just hanging onto to Rock of Salvation. Sometimes He even wants to destroy your ability to believe and have faith until you know that you can believe and have faith in grace. It’s the work of the Holy Spirit. You can’t take pride in anything and God will break you until you can’t boast about anything. He will require you to thank Him because ultimately His plan is much greater than your and He’s building character for others to trust you.
During the maturation process you will need to Build a History of Integrity. Each of us will face crises and how you react dtermines your future. It’s the previous private victories that will help you to make it when the tough times do come; and you won’t loose what He has built in you. You are going to have issues after issues that come up in your life where you are going to have a chance to cheat. You cheat on the front end and there is a big balloon payment at the end. It’s big and much harder to pay the balloon payment then it would have been to bite the bullet in the first place. Pay the price today! Begin to build private victories and in the moment of crises when the stimulation says this and you heart says you don’t want to do this, there’s a moment of choice. Determine to do what is right. If you ask him in a moment of crisis, He will tell you at that moment. YOUR CHOICE WILL DETERMINE YOUR FUTURE HISTORY. It will determine if men can trust you or not. Your spirit will show if you can be trusted or not. Nebuchadnezzar said to Daniel, “I have heard that you have an excellent spirit.” How did he know? Because the light of God, you will show that you are a man of light.
You can know all the mysteries of the world but if nobody can trust you, nobody will listen to you especially in prophetic ministry. It’s more than just getting up “Thus Sayeth the Lord.” You have to build a history inside of you that will radiate to others 10 or 5 or 2 years from now. The more of these secret victories you have the more the light of God will radiate from you. You will gain favor like Daniel and others will know you have there best interests at heart and not your own personal plan. It starts when it seems like nothing but it means everything. David slew the bear and slew the lion and no one knew about it.
This entire process is very vital in every Christian’s life. When you are first saved you are very soulish. The Lord starts the maturation or purification process of breaking you to become more Christ like and more able to walk more in the spirit. If you understand what He is really doing you will be able bear those dry and barren stretches of life and be able to thank Him for them. Remember it is building character for others to trust you.
Thank you for contacting Touch of God Healing Deliverance Ministries DFW
- by Traci Morin Testimony, Servant and Ordained Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Upcoming Events