How To Remove the Hindrances to the Power of God and Obtain Healing such as Doubt and Unbelief
(Notes from John G. Lakes Ministry)
1. The first major power hindrance to the Power of God in a person’s life is SIN. This shouldn’t even have to be addressed. If you are a Christian you are steadily mortifying the deeds of the flesh. If you are a Christian, you have crucified that flesh and the lust thereof.
a. Rom 8:13 – For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. (KJV)
b. Gal 5:24 – And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. (KJV)
c. I John 2:1 – My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: (KJV)
2. The second major power hindrance to the power of God is unbelief.
a. Unbelief can also be classified as sin, but we will look at it separately at this time.
b. Unbelief is nothing more than calling God a liar. Most people see unbelief as not knowing.
c. Unbelief is not not knowing, it is knowing but choosing not to believe.
i. Matt 13:57-58 57. And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house. 58. And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief. (KJV)
ii. Mark 6:3-6 3. Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him. 4. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house. 5. And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. 6. And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching. (KJV)
d. Strongs #570 apaistia (ap-is-tee-ah); From 571; faithlessness, i.e. (negatively) disbelief (lack of Christian faith), of (positively) unfaithfulness (disobedience): KJV unbelief.
i. If you have had teaching concerning the will of God in the area of healing, and you know that it is always God’s will to heal in answer to faith.
ii. If you are not living in sin.
iii. If you are not in unbelief, but are rather in belief, trusting God to honor His Word.
iv. If you are Available to God to be used.
v. If you are Bold to speak up concerning God’s desire to heal.
vi. If you are Compassionate, walking in the love of God for people.
vii. If all these things apply to you, and yet you still do not see God’s power in your life, there can be ONLY one reason.
viii. You are not spending enough time in prayer.
Prayer To Remove Hindrances to the Power of God: The closer you get and the longer you stay there the more saturated you become.
1. The more power you receive
2. The longer you are out in the cold winter weather, the longer it will take for you to warm back up.
3. The more you stay in the atmosphere of this world, the longer it will take you to warm up to God. This is why we worship and pray to start church services. Since many people seem to live most of their time in the natural / flesh, etc., it sometimes takes a long time to enter the presence of God. Some people attend church and never get into the presence of God, because the only time they pray is in church.
How can you pray without ceasing?
1. Make sure everything you say could be used in prayer.
2. Begin to carry on a conversation with God.
3. Verbally ask God to reveal things to you. Ask God to answer your questions, to bring into manifestation the wisdom of Christ that has been placed in your spirit.
4. Begin to ask God to reveal things to you in the Bible.
5. Ask God to manifest the gifts of the Spirit in your life so that you can help others. The fastest way to receive from God is to share with others what God shares with you. (Make sure you give Him the credit for sharing it with you.)
6. Live in the presence of God. When you wake up in the morning say Good Morning Father, Son and Holy Ghost. When you lay down to go to sleep at night, say, Good Night, Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
7. Before you go to sleep, always ask God to talk to you in your sleep, and tell you the things that He couldn’t get across to you while you were awake. When I began to do this, instantly God began doing mighty things in my sleep. My dreams are spiritual, I receive revelations and I never have nightmares or bad nights sleep (or a bad next day for that matter). My life is daily becoming more and more full of God.
8. Pray in tongues. Pray strong and loud.
9. Remember, you are not ready for the battleground until you have been on the Holy Ground.
10. Pray everywhere, all the time. You cannot pray too much. Prayer is like scaring the crows away from your cornfield.
It will keep Satan’s doubts and temptation away. Then when you see someone needing a touch from God, you will be in the right frame of mind to give them that touch, because greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. Remember, some people will never get any closer to God than when they have crossed your path.
Information above is from a free ebook called “Divine Healing” – pdf
by Traci Morin, Touch of God Ministry of Healing and Deliverance Servant and Ordained Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
Touch of God Ministries does mission work in other countries especially ministering to survivors of Human Trafficking globally as well as in the United States. Please help support me in this endeavor by giving generously through donations.
Spiritual Warfare Prayer: Setting Captives Free from Disease
- Sick, Oppressed, Stuck! Be Healed, Set Free and Empowered! Attend Deliverance and Healing School of Ministry Seminars, Classes, and find your freedom.
- Healing is for you! Read Testimonies and Traci Morin 13 diseases healed from broken heart.
- Healing and Deliverance Classes Online Global Anytime On-demand Video course Format (over 20 hours of video teachings)
- Need prayer fill out the free online prayer request form.
- Video Sermons on healing and deliverance
- Own your own videos on healing and deliverance.
Thank you for contacting Touch of God Healing Deliverance Ministries DFW
Hindrances to the Power of God for healing