Prayer for Deliverance from Insomnia
Do you suffer from insomnia? You stay awake and cannot sleep, and you toss and turn all night long? You are unable to sleep at night no matter what you do. You may need prayer for deliverance from insomnia.
Psa 4:8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.
What Is The Spiritual Roots to Insomnia
There are many factors that can give to a sleepless night. The spiritual root for insomnia is a spirit of fear. A spirit of fear can manifest as worry, stress in your life-like work. Many issues of life we can worry about. When you worry, you are fighting a spirit of fear. Fear is the opposite of faith. They both project into the future.
Unfortunately, some people can have a programming of fear and don’t realize it because it is so part of them.
What Causes Insomnia?
A list of ways a spirit of fear can come in and reasons for insomnia:
- Traumatic events are like a door point where a spirit of fear enters in. Have you ever been in a wreck, and you were shaken, and felt frozen in time? You may want to look at the trauma list.
- Maybe you grew up in a conditionally loved home? This is when a person performs to get love or praise.
- You may have grown up in a house where one or both of your parents would explode, and you never knew when. When that happens you become conditioned with a spirit of fear. Maybe you didn’t feel save more than 50 percent of the time?
- And, some medications can keep a person from sleeping.
What ends up happening is your body is producing too much cortisol in your body. Cortisol increases tension in your body.
How to Overcome Insomnia
Many times a person needs deliverance from insomnia. Five steps to overcome insomnia:
- Learn to pray to the Lord to give you sweet sleep.
Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Moreover, learn to journal your thoughts and worries to the Lord. Ask God to guide you to other sources of help if you need them.
Psalms 55:22 “Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.”
1 Peter 5:7″ Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.”
- Then, learn to breathe deep about three times. Breath in deep, hold it for 20 to 30 seconds and then breathe out. This helps get oxygen into your muscles that helps you to relax.
- If you still feel uptight or not sleepy, learn to command your body to peace. Lay hands on your head and say “in the name of Jesus, I cast out the spirit of fear, worry, anxiety, and stress. I call on the peace of God over my life. I command every muscle in my body to relax in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.”
1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.”
Call on the presence of the Lord to cover you where you feel Him keeping you safe.
- In addition, learn to meditate on the Lord’s Word. Learn to trust the Lord and enter into His rest.
In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8
And he said, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Exodus 33:14
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices! Psalm 37:7
Sweet is the sleep of a laborer, whether he eats little or much, but the full stomach of the rich will not let him sleep. Ecclesiastes 5:12
When the Lord has given you rest from your pain and turmoil and the hard service with which you were made to serve, you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon: “How the oppressor has ceased, the insolent fury ceased!” Isaiah 14:3-4
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11: 28-30
And he said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.” For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat. Mark 6:31
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
A Prayer For Sleep
In addition, a Short Night-time Prayer (2 Timothy 1:7)
For God’s not given me a spirit of fear, But a spirit of love, and of power, and a sound mind, To live each day and glorify his name.
Father God, I thank you for your Word, that God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble, therefore we will not fear…Be still, and know that I am God…the Lord Almighty is with us.” Psalm 46:1-2, 10-11
I pray you will cover me in my sleep and that I will have sweet sleep in your arms.
Prayer for Deliverance from Insomnia
Father God, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I repent and I renounce for me and my generations on both sides of my family for the spirit of fear in my life. I take responsibility and I ask for your forgiveness. Father God, I thank you that you forgive me. I now, take authority, dominion, bind and break the spirit of fear, anxiety, stress, worry, fear of tomorrow, fear of man, fear of authority, fear of (list fears you may have: __________________) and I break its power and cast these spirits out of me and out of my central nervous system and out of my muscles and tendons. I send these spirits to the dry places.
As your word says, the Lord is the defense of my life of whom shall I be afraid? Though a host of demons encamp against me, my heart will not fear.
I command every terror of the night that has brought fear into my life to stop and move from my environment, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Again, you spirit of fear, loose your hold upon my life, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
My tomorrow Jesus Christ blesses my day, therefore, you spirit that is responsible for the fear of tomorrow in my life, I bind you, in the name of Jesus.
My destiny belongs to God, therefore I decree that I can never fail, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Every bondage that I am subjecting myself to by the spirit of fear, I break you, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. I break the yolks of bondage to the spirit of fear and cast it to the dry places.
Also, every disease, oppression and depression that came into my life as a result of fear, disappear now, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Father God, I command all cortisol to stop and my body goes to peace in the mighty name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.