Psychological Trauma Symptoms, Healing to Recovery
Trauma usually involves a feeling of helplessness.
The impact of traumatic events.
Stress symptoms from Psychological Trauma:
- Do you continually think about the event, even when you do not intend to?
- Do you sometimes experience the feelings that you felt during the event or even feel as if you are experiencing the trauma again?
- Do you avoid reminders of the event by steering clear of certain places, people or topics of conversation?
- Do you have nightmares related to that event?
- Do you find yourself on edge, expecting danger, or responding differently than others to certain events?
Are these symptoms getting in the way of your relationships, goals, sense of peace and safety or general life satisfaction? If your answer is yes to a few of the above questions, then you may be dealing with PTSD.
Emotional and psychological trauma symptoms
- Shock, denial, or disbelief.
- Anger, irritability, mood swings.
- Guilt, shame, self-blame.
- Feeling sad or hopelessness
- Feeling disconnected or numb
- Confusion, difficulty concentrating
- Insomnia or nightmares
- Being startled easily
- Having trouble functioning at home or work
- poor concentration and a racing heartbeat, panic attacks
What happens when you experience a traumatic event, is a spirit of fear comes in setting you up with these negative feelings. Feelings of oppression and anxiety. Your body responds to that spirit releasing cortisol throughout your body. Cortisol released long-term, cripples the immune system. You start developing allergies, etc.
Examples of traumatic events:
- Natural disasters such as bushfire, earthquake or floods
- Interpersonal violence such as rape, child abuse, or suicide of a family member or friend
- Involvement in a serious motor vehicle or workplace accident.
- This is not a complete list.
Are you a Christian woman suffering from self-doubt, worry, procrastination! Do you feel defeated?
I am looking for women suffering from anxiety to do feedback with me. I am launching a 90-day program in April and you would help me greatly. It would only take 15 minutes of your time.