Dominion Theology vs. Spiritual Dominion
There is a lot of confusion today about what is dominion. Today many churches believe there is going to be dominion set up on the earth and that the church has to defeat the devil called Dominion Theology especially through the NAR movement by Peter Wagner.
According to the Word of God, is is our authority over wickedness. Notes from John G. Lakes Ministry on Divine Healing
What is dominion
i. Strongs #7287 radah (raw-daw); to tread down, i.e. subjugate; specifically, to crumble off: translated in the KJV as: (to make to) have dominion, to prevail against, reign, (bear, to make to) rule over, take.
ii. Brown/Driver/Briggs #7287 radah- 1)to rule, to have dominion, to dominate, to tread down a) to have dominion, to rule, to subjugate b) to cause to dominate.
Ps 8:4-8 4. What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5. For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6. Thou madest him to have dominion (#4910) over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
7. All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field; 8. The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas. (KJV)
a. Strongs #4910 mashal (maw-shal); to rule: translated in the KJV as: (have, make to have) dominion, governor, reign, (to cause to have) rule, have power.
b. Brown/Driver/Briggs #4910 mashal to rule, to have dominion, to reign; to rule, to have dominion 1) to cause to rule, 2) to exercise dominion.
3. Matt 28:18-20 (referring to Jesus and Man) 18. And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen. (KJV)
4. Mark 6:7 (referring to man) 7. And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits; (KJV)
5. Matt 9:37-10:1(referring to man) 37. Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; 38. Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest. 10:1 And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease. KJV
A Basic Course in Divine Healing
B. A position of Responsibility / Duty A position of servant to all but master to devils.
1. Mark 10:44-45 44. And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all. 45. For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. KJV
2. Matt 7:12 “ 12. Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. KJV
3. Luke 17:10 10. So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. KJV
4. James 4:17 17. Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. KJV
Destroys the works of the devil: 1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
a. Acts 10:38 38. How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
b. John 10:10 10. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. KJV
7. Seeks those that are lost: Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
Examples of Dominion given to man:
A. Freedom to heal anyone.
1. Matt 10:7-8 7. And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 8. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. (KJV)
2. Luke 9:1-2 “ 1. Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. 2. And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick. KJV
3. Luke 9:4-6 4. And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart. 5. And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them. 6. And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where. KJV
4. Luke 10:8-9 8. And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you: 9. And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. KJV
The NAR want dominion in the physical but it truly is a spiritual dominion over things we cannot see and have authority like Jesus had over devils, the winds, waters, etc.
You must be logged in to post a comment.