The Bible says, “When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty…..” Matthew 12:43-44
Don’t let the enemy gain reentry into your life. We he comes seeking rest, Put out your “NO VACANCY” sign! Keep your house filled! Here are some practical steps to take to be sure, you are filled when he comes.
How Healing Lost: How do you keep your house filled and/or protected (you are the temple of the Holy Spirit)?:
1. Pay attention to your thought life especially thoughts of the past. The past should stay in the past.
What does that mean? Continue to look at the promises of God – He Came to Heal All Diseases Ps. 102:2. Some people reverse this. Their faith waxes weak while they look at their symptoms and forget the promises of God. God’s Word is the only solid basis for our faith. But the enemy, after you get healed, will throw symptoms and you cannot look at the symptoms and allow doubt to come back in that God healed you. The enemy throws symptoms to get your eyes off of Christ so that you will loose faith and look at the symptoms instead of the Lord. You stand on the Word that Jesus is the Healer and that you’re healed.
Reasons Healing Lost: We will miss or loose our healing if we allow our symptoms to hinder us from expecting what His Word promise is.
Hebrews 11:1 faith is the things not seen. Symptoms are not eternal but God’s Word is eternal and alive to do what it says to do. Spiritual Warfare is not believing those symptoms but believing God’s Word that Christ died on the cross for our salvation and sickness and disease. So stand and believe without wavering.
2. Why Healing Lost: Make sure you are right with God. Our redemptive blessings are conditional after we hear the Gospel. Jesus said repent ye and believe the gospel. Jesus great commandment has to do with relationships with God, others and self. Check to see if you have any bitterness towards anyone, are you in fear and out of faith, etc. Disease comes from separation and separation opens the door for the enemy to inflict. James says to confess your faults to one another…. that ye might be healed. If I regard iniquity in my heart the Lod will not hear me.
3. Areas you are weak, memorize specific scriptures to fight the fiery darts! Example: I used to project fear for tomorrow. I learned to cast my cares to the Lord according to 1 Peter 5:7. Where do fiery darts come from? Jesus withstood Satan’s temptation by using scripture. The word is a mirror to the soul (James 1:22-25); it is a lamp unto the feet for guidance( Psalm 119:105); it is two-edge sword laying bare the heart (Heb 4:12); it is food for the spirit (1 Pet 2:2; Matt 4:4) No person can keep up deliverance apart from the Word of God as a primary cause in his life!
4. Put on the Whole Armour of God The Christian’s spiritual armour is set forth in Ephesians 6:10-18. There are seven pieces: (1) Loins girt about with truth (2) The breastplate of righteousness (3) Feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace (4) The shield of faith (5) The helmet of salvation, (6) The sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God, and (7) Praying in the spirit! Pay special attention to the helmet for guarding your thought life. Most demons seeking to re-enter assail the thoughts. Become watchful of any thought that could be considered negative; they are from the enemy. Separate their thoughts from your own. Refuse the thoughts they give you and replace them with positive thoughts. (See Phil 4:8) Resist the devil at the first sign of attack.
5. Make Positive Confessions – Power in the Tongue brings life or death to others or to self. You can self curse or curse others with your words. Are you a negative person? Do you see the world half empty instead of half full? Negative confessions are lack of faith but doubt and unbelief which characterize demonic influence. Positive confessions are faith expressed. Any other confession will open the door for the enemy. (See Mark 11:23). Do you speak negative words over your spouse, your children and so on? It is more than positive confession but it is trusting and believing in God’s Word and then confessing it. It has to be true in your heart – a reality of truth.
6. Know Who You Are In the Kingdom of God! Why Did God Create You? Who are you in the Kingdom of God? What is your Purpose? What is your calling? What is your destiny? What is the Body of Christ’s purpose? What is the Lord wanting to restore? Coming Soon!
7. Crucify the Flesh Take up your cross daily and follow Jesus. (Luke 9:23) Break old habit patterns. If fleshy appetites, desires and lusts are not brought to the cross a way for demons to return will be left open (Gal 5: 19-24). From Romans to Jude is all about Santification. What is Sanctification? Definition of Santification:
Sanctification is that continuous operation of the Holy Spirit, by which the holy disposition imparted in regeneration is maintained and strengthened.
8. Be Willing To Go Into The Fire!
What are areas you are not able to still walk through? Make a list to discuss. See notes!
9. Develop a Life of continuous Praise and Prayer Praise silences the enemy. Praise is not an attitude of heart; praise is the expression unto God of thankfulness, adoration and joy by speaking, singing, shouting, dancing, leaping, playing musical entrustments, clapping the hands, etc. Pray in the sprit (in tongues) and also in the understanding. (1 Cor 14:14). Pray without ceasing (1 Thess 5:17). Get a journal and write down your victories, blessings, etc. This is helpful when times are tough. Coming Soon!
10. Maintain a Life of Fellowship and Spiritual Ministry! It is the sheep that wanders from the flock that is most endangered. Find and fulfill your function within the body. (See 1 Cor 12:7-14) Keep yourself under authority. Coming Soon!
11. Commit Yourself Totally to Christ Determine that every thought, word and action will reflect the very nature of Christ. Abide in Christ that the fruit of the Spirit might come forth in abundance. Demon spirits are enemies of the fruit of the spirit. Faith and trust in God is the greatest weapon against the devil and his lies. (See Eph. 6:16)
12. Choosing friends who are like minded. Think of times you were influenced negatively from others who are not like minded.
Look what the Bible says about choosing friends
“Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. Therefore, COME OUT FROM THEIR MIDST AND BE SEPARATE, says the Lord. AND DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN; And I will welcome you. And I will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me, Says the Lord Almighty” (2 Corinthians 6:14-18 NASBR)
“Do not be deceived: ‘Evil company corrupts good habits.’ Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame.” 1 Corinthians 15:33-34
“And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect” (Romans 12:2 NASBR)
“Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation” (1 Peter 2:12 NASBR)
“He who walks with wise men will be wise, But the companion of fools will suffer harm” (Proverbs 13:20 NASBR)
John said in 3 John 2 “Beloved, I wish above all tings that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.”
That means submit ourselves to God before He says “resist the devil,” because no one can successfully resist the devil until he submits himself to God.
The condition of heart that was responsible for the coming of those diseases as mentioned in Deut. 28 is not the right condition for their removal. In other words, the condition of the heart that was responsible for the curse in that day is not the condition of heart in which to come to Him for the removal of the curse in our day.
by Traci Morin, Touch of God Ministry of Healing and Deliverance
Servant and Ordained Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
Touch of God Ministries need your support by donations in order for us to travel to Philippines evangelistic trip (Oct/Nov. 2012) and minister to victims of human trafficking where victims become over-comers. Our objective are as follows read more.. Learn about the facts and statistics of Victims of Trafficking in United States and Globally.
Spiritual Warfare Setting the Captives Free
- Learn more about our Weekly Healing and Deliverance Bible Study Classes Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas.
- Healing is for you! Read Testimonies and Traci Morin 13 diseases healed from broken heart.
- Need prayer fill out the free online prayer request form.
- Video Sermons on healing and deliverance